Monday, September 12, 2011

X-Men First Class Review

This was the first superhero that after seeing it, I said to myself that it was a great movie not just a great "comic" movie. This movie has everything that people love in movies, action, drama, humor, and amazing special effects. It also doesn't hurt when you have an amazingly talented cast and the direction of Matthew Vaughn, who happens to be one of the best directors in the business. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy carry the movie for the most part because it was designed and written to be that way. This is the story of how Xavier and Magneto came to know each other and how their relationship eventually soured. I have read most of the X-Men comics and I was never once distracted by the changing of characters' abilities or origins, they all fit the movie and everything was integrated naturally to make the movie play out smoothly.

I am not going to spoil the movie for anyone by mentioning the plot in anyway but let me say that everything works to perfection in this movie with the exception of January Jones' acting. She is just terrible, I understand Emma Frost is supposed to be a cold evil woman but you would generally need someone with acting ability to pull that off. She ruined many scenes in the television show Mad Men and she ruined her character for me in this movie as well. Just see this movie, you will not be disappointed and if you are disappointed then your favorite movie is probably Step Up and that is a sign that you should no longer be allowed to watch movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment